Special Events & Volunteer Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Special Events
- Participate in annual planning processes to ensure that events meet objectives and align with strategic planning.
- Lead planning efforts to develop events that support The Works development and community partnership objectives.
- In collaboration with the Development Team, identify and partner with Host Committee members to develop event objectives and themes, prepare budgets for events, monitor revenues and/or expenditures to budget, review and code invoices.
- Arrange and prepare for all event details including; concept, thematic elements, timelines, entertainment, activities, food and beverage, supplies, volunteer and staff assignment, floor plan, set-up and clean-up.
- Wrap up events with appropriate evaluations, documentation and correspondence.
- Participate in quarterly Advisory Council committee meetings.
- Volunteer Services
- Sustain a supportive, positive work environment for Adult Volunteers and Volunteens, which is rich with appreciation, connectivity, engaging assignments, leadership opportunities and meaningful feedback.
- Develop and maintain recruitment, application/acceptance, orientation, training, and scheduling as needed to support education programs, special events, and museum operations.
- Maintain accurate records of Volunteer Hours and Recognition Achievements
- Maintain Volunteer Manual, Volunteer Applications, T-Shirts, Name Badges
- Create social and educational opportunities for the Volunteers that include; Volunteer Holiday Lunch and Volunteer Recognition Banquet.
- Work collaboratively in the spirit of The Works team environment to support other staff and provide support for museum-wide initiatives and events. Works collaboratively with other Works staff to plan and implement activities for special events (exhibition openings, seasonal events, member’s only nights, etc.) and other duties as assigned.
- Passionate about The Works mission and truly enjoys working in a public facing environment where one will interface with many people.
- High-School Diploma and 2-4 years relevant education or work experience.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills. Self-directed, proactive, and comfortable working independently, yet able to take direction from others; able to take feedback and make adjustments as necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to work, prioritize and focus on multiple projects amid frequent interruptions.
- Strong computer aptitude (specifically Microsoft Office, including OneNote and Teams).
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves on behalf of the organization according to our organizational values: Act with Integrity, Be Inclusive, Find Innovative Solutions, and Work Together.
- The Works is a fast-paced museum environment that requires working with the public throughout the museum and in behind-the-scenes in an office setting. Must work well in both an individual and collaborative team setting.
- Travel to offsite locations as required. Reliable personal transportation, valid driver's license, and excellent driving record.
- Carrying and lifting of educational materials, tables, and chairs is required.
- This is a Full Time Non-Exempt position with a Tuesday - Saturday work schedule, occasional evening or weekend hours required to support events at The Works and in the community. The Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a Full Time Non-Exempt position with a Tuesday - Saturday schedule, occasional evening or weekend hours required to support events at The Works and in the community.
- The Works offers a competitive benefits package including universal leave, ten holidays, birthday holiday, health benefits, and 401(k). The salary range for this position is $40,000 - 45,000.
- The Works is an equal opportunity employer.
- To apply, please submit cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to:
Janice LoRaso, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Works: Ohio Center for History, Art & Technology
55 South 1st Street, Newark, Ohio 43055
No phone inquiries please.