Recycling Services Representative
Notice of Job Opportunity
Date Opened: November 1, 2022
Date Closed: UNTIL FILLED
Position: Recycling Services Representative
Agency: Recycling / Litter Prevention
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Ability to be covered under the county fleet vehicle liability insurance policy. Ability to drive a ¾ ton 4X4 pickup truck with automatic transmission and operate associated equipment such as lift hydraulics. Must be able to do in all types of weather conditions. Ability to work independently. Valid Ohio Driver’s License.
Hours: Part Time, 3 6-hour days/week, M-F, occasional weekends, hours vary depending on department needs
Salary: $13.50 per hour
Executes Licking County Recycling’s institutional program services.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government’s Recycling Program.
- Provides recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying recycling receptacles. Transports collected recyclable material and transfers material to appropriate recycling bin(s) at recycling office or other dedicated site in a timely manner.
- Drives a ¾ ton, four-wheel drive pickup truck from site to site and operates various levers and handles to activate hydraulics.
- Oversees safety checks and maintenance on all department vehicles and trailers, completes daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections; complies with vehicle maintenance schedules and reports problems. Checks equipment for needed repairs.
- Communicates Licking County Recycling’s mission and goals to institutional businesses and patrons in order to gain commitment to waste reduction, recycling, stewardship and sustainability.
- Discusses routes and efficiency with Director as needed; completes material collection log sheets on a daily basis.
- Occasionally oversees electronics or scrap metal pickup from route buildings and delivers to scrap yards.
- Identifies opportunities to cross promote additional Licking County Recycling programs and services.
- Works directly/oversees individuals placed with Licking County Recycling from various community based programs such as Licking County Probation Department and Spencer House, if assistance is needed
- Polices/checks site bins; removes contaminates, litter and other non-recyclables for disposal. Ensure the cleanliness of recycling sites by sweeping, raking, picking up broken glass, clean up spills and overflows, and loose paper debris.
- Assists with special community collection events as required.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable PERRP safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training
Application Procedures: Submit completed application, resume and cover letter to the Licking County Human Resources Department, 20 South Second Street, 3rd Floor, Newark, Ohio 43055. Applications can be obtained in person in the Human Resources Department between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. daily or printed from the web site at www.lcounty.com. Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
P.O. BOX 702
50 W. LOCUST STREET
NEWARK, OH 43058
© 2023 Licking County Chamber of Commerce