Director of Development
The Works is seeking a Director of Development to design, lead, and implement The Works comprehensive annual fundraising program. This position works closely with the Executive Director, Events Committee, and The Works Advisory Council to identify funding priorities and opportunities for organizational support. In collaboration with the Executive Director, this position directly cultivates and maintains support from individual donors, as well as corporations, foundations, major gifts, and planned giving.
- Develop, lead, and implement The Work’s comprehensive fundraising plan and activities. This includes setting and monitoring annual fund goals and progress, supporting donor events, building a planned giving program, and capital campaigns as needed to support the institution. Work with the Board and staff leadership to oversee strategic fundraising plans.
- Build and maintains partnerships and effective relationships with individuals, cultural and academic institutions, community organizations, donors, board members, and corporations to help garner support and resources for programs and advance The Works mission.
- Oversee development operations, which includes ensuring accurate and timely database management, gift processing, and donor correspondence for all gifts and campaigns.
- Act as lead staff for The Works Advisory Council to identify and steward potential community partners and donor engagement opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with Works staff on institutional initiatives including program development, branding, audience development, income generation and budgets, exhibition planning, and visitor and member experiences.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience and a proven track record in fundraising and development.
- Experience in non-profit educational or cultural organizations is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of successful fundraising from individuals, foundations, and corporations in the Central Ohio area is desirable.
- Exceptional written, public communication, and interpersonal skills; attentive listener and engaging storyteller; excellent organization and analytical skills; highly developed customer relations attitude and ability to prioritize work flow to meet deadlines.
- Experience in successfully managing capital campaigns, endowment campaigns, and annual giving campaigns.
- Proven success in fundraising, meeting and increasing funding goals, and experience in writing successful grant proposals.
- Enthusiastic and skilled networker who enjoys connecting with the community, attending events, and participating in activities to position The Works for success.
- Able to engage and engender the trust of donors, colleagues, board members and stakeholders at all times.
- Must be proficient with Google applications, Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing and familiar with donor management software (The Works uses Blackbaud). Comfortable with exploring and learning new technologies.
This is a full time salaried exempt position, Monday – Friday with some evening or weekend hours required to support events at The Works.
Benefits include: All full time employees are eligible for Health Care Insurance and Health Reimbursement Account, 401K, Life Insurance, and generous PTO package including 11 paid holidays.
Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000 per year, commensurate with experience
The Works is an equal opportunity employer.
Submit cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to Janice LoRaso, Executive Director, The Works, 55 S 1st Street, Newark, OH, 43055, or email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
The Works: Ohio Center for History Art & Technology
P.O. BOX 702
50 W. LOCUST STREET
NEWARK, OH 43058
© 2023 Licking County Chamber of Commerce