Finance & Program Associate
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT: FINANCE AND PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
Position: Part-time (20 hours per week), Hourly, Non-exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Finance and Operations
The Licking County Foundation helps people leave a lasting legacy to the community. We are many causes and generous donors with one common desire: to improve the lives of the people in our own backyard. Established over 65 years ago, the Foundation has grown to more than $127 million in assets through generations of gifts made by compassionate donors. Investing in our home has changed the lives of countless people by providing resources to a neighbor in need, helping a student achieve their dream of college, enhancing the beauty of our parks, supplying books to encourage an early love of reading, and much more. Licking County Foundation serves Licking County, Ohio with offices located in downtown Newark. For more information, please visit www.thelcfoundation.org.
The Finance & Program Associate assists in the implementation of the Foundation’s financial, program, donor services, and operational functions. The position is instrumental in assisting and supporting the Vice President of Finance & Operations in maintaining all aspects of financial record keeping, including accounts payable, general ledger, and investment accounting. In addition, the position assists and supports the Program and Donor Services teams in processing grants and scholarships.
The Finance & Program Associate position assists in the daily fiscal operations of the Foundation, including performing routine accounting functions, administrative tasks, and special projects related to the organization’s infrastructure and operations. The position also assists in processing all types of disbursements for the organization, including grants and scholarships. A basic knowledge of accounting, ability to conduct independent research, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and capability to communicate well with staff in all areas of the organization are essential to the success of the position. The Finance & Program Associate is required to perform the responsibilities of the position accurately, in a timely manner, and with strict confidentiality.
The majority of the Finance & Program Associate’s time will be focused on finance support, including maintaining vendor records, processing A/P invoices which includes use and maintenance of proprietary software, assistance in external audit preparation and other tax documentation, administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, preparing and managing reports, and maintaining financial files. In addition, the position will provide administrative support to Program and Donor Services teams primarily with the grant and scholarship declinations and awards process; and organizing meetings/conversations with community stakeholders and grant partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Accounting; or work experience sufficient to have developed solid knowledge of basic accounting or bookkeeping is required.
- High level of interpersonal skills, with customer service experience in handling confidential and sensitive customer information is required.
- Data entry experience required; accounting data entry is preferred.
- Finance office, cashier, or bank teller/CSR experience is preferred.
- Nonprofit and/or philanthropic experience is preferred.
- Grants administration familiarity is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills: proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), Adobe Acrobat and QuickBooks; experience with donor/grants database programs; and the ability to learn specialized community foundation management software.
- Excellent math skills.
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel skills (including filtering, graphing, functions)
- Expertise with a variety of online collaboration and meeting/event platforms.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A commitment to the Foundation’s values and mission, including an interest in serving the community.
- A commitment to continual learning and understanding of equity and inclusion, and the strengths and challenges of underserved, under-resourced, marginalized and vulnerable citizens.
- Work courteously, effectively, and comfortably with others, including donors, community leaders, volunteers, Foundation staff members, trustees, and visitors to the Foundation.
- Ability to work within a team structure.
- Excellent judgment, flexibility, collaborative spirit, and initiative.
- Friendly and accessible.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Exhibit professionalism in conduct, appearance, and performance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision to read printed materials and a computer screen.
Compensation and Benefits:
Part-time (20 hours per week); hourly; non-exempt position. Hourly wage range: $18.00 to $27.00 per hour. Compensation for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s work experience and qualifications. The Foundation offers a benefits package including dental, vision, SEP IRA retirement plan, paid time off (including holidays, vacation time and sick leave), and professional development allowance.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and letter of interest no later than Friday, October 20, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions are confidential.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: Licking County Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. The Foundation is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons in connection with hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation or other conditions of the employment relationship regardless of race, color, age, sex, marital status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, philosophy/religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, political affiliation or belief, or any other status protected by federal, state or l