Deputy Dog Warden
Notice of Job Opportunity
Date Opened: September 13, 2022
Date Closed: UNTIL FILLED
Position: Deputy Dog Warden I
Agency: Office of Dog Warden
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Knowledge pertaining to Ohio Revised Code 955. Understand House Bill 14. Knowledge of interaction with volunteers or concerned citizens regarding various animal related issues. Teamwork skills. Communication skills. Dog handling experience. Valid Ohio Driver’s license; *Oath of Office to serve as a Deputy Dog Warden (*obtained within 12 months after hire or job placement)
Hours: 40 hours a week, M-S, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., (Varies), Sunday as scheduled, on-call after hours rotation
Salary: $15.75 per hour – PER UNION CONTRACT
Serves County as Deputy Dog Warden I. Provides customer service and administrative / clerical support for the Office of the Licking County Dog Warden.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government.
- Patrols County and enforces statutes governing licensing and the regulation of dogs as required by the ORC; investigates calls and complaints regarding dogs running at large, dog bites, animal livestock kills, stray, hostile, injured, or sick dogs; seizes and impounds dogs (e.g., lifts, loads, transports, and unloads dogs, etc.)
- Assists other County Law Enforcement agencies in executing search warrants for assistance in handling dogs where dogs are reported to be present.
- Assists with executing Dog Warden warrants as assigned.
- Maintains the bookkeeping and data entry for all dog bite reports, quarantine orders and rabies submission reports. Notified Health Department on status of all quarantined dogs at Dog Shelter.
- Prepares documents and statement of charges to present in a court of law; appear and testify in a court of law.
- Performs tasks related to care of dogs; cleans cages. Performs custodial tasks involving physical labor and use of equipment.
- Fills in for office clerical staff as necessary (assists in adoptions, issuance of licenses, etc.).
- Totals and balances daily receipts at the end of each shift as needed.
- Directs Community Service personnel in completion of tasks as needed.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable PERRP safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
P.O. BOX 702
50 W. LOCUST STREET
NEWARK, OH 43058
© 2023 Licking County Chamber of Commerce