Notice of Job Opportunity
Date Opened: May 13, 2022
Date Closed: UNTIL FILLED
Position: Kennel Attendant
Agency: Dog Warden’s Office
High school diploma or general education (GED); and six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Qualifications (Agency/Dept. Qualifications):
Ability to effectively interact with volunteers and skilled at handling dogs. Teamwork skills. Communication skills. Dog handling experience.
Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Saturday, 8:00am-4:00pm (varies), Sunday as scheduled
Salary: $11.47 per hour
Serves County as animal shelter assistant.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- Promotes and maintains positive and effective working relationships and promotes good public relationships as a representative of Licking County Government.
- Performs custodial tasks involving physical labor and use of equipment; including cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of the animal shelter and directing Community Service personnel in completion of such tasks.
- Assists Kennel Master in the coordination of scheduling Community Service personnel.
- Water and feed animals daily.
- Issues/assigns animals to cages.
- Assists Administrative Assistant as needed with phones and issuance of dog licenses.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable PERRP safety standards that pertain to the essential functions of the position and all agency safety procedures.
- Remains informed of current developments and procedures pertinent to duties; may be required to attend seminars/training.
Successful candidates will be subject to Licking County’s pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Licking County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
P.O. BOX 702
50 W. LOCUST STREET
NEWARK, OH 43058
© 2023 Licking County Chamber of Commerce