Assistant Branch Manager
|JOB TITLE:||Assistant Branch Manager||LOCATION:||Newark, OH|
|STATUS:||Full-time||FSLA JOB CLASS:||Exempt|
|REPORTS TO:||Market Leader/Branch Mgr||REQUIRED TRAVEL:||10%|
|SUPERVISORY DUTIES:||2-12 direct reports|
If working for a company with an empowered group of individuals dedicated to the financial well-being of their customers is appealing to you, look no further than Heartland Bank!
At Heartland Bank, our goal is quality – in our work, in our play, and in our people. We value our ability to attract and retain talented professionals, as this is the bottom line for excellent customer service. We know our goals are auspicious and we wouldn't have it any other way!
Heartland has an immediate opening for an Assistant Branch Manager, located at the Newark branch in Newark, Ohio. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily branch operations, including sales, customer service, customer transaction assistance, coaching, and compliance in a matter consistent with bank policy and procedure, to contribute to branch growth and profitability.
In this highly visible position, you'll not only oversee daily branch operations but also foster an environment where sales, customer service, and compliance harmoniously intersect. Your ability to lead discussions and explore new avenues will enable you to build persuasive relationships that resonate with customers and colleagues alike.
A snapshot of your day-to-day:
- Forge meaningful customer relationships with ease, leveraging your extensive product knowledge and Heartland's offerings through both internal sales initiatives and proactive prospecting.
- Elevate sales initiatives by coaching and empowering retail staff, ensuring effective cross-selling and referral strategies that embody our commitment to excellence.
- Navigate a diverse range of transactions, from routine customer interactions to more complex tasks such as handling lending requests. Your expertise in adhering to established protocols will be critical.
- Collaborate closely with the branch manager to facilitate impactful staff meetings, communicating key insights ranging from sales goals to operational updates and market insights.
- Set the benchmark for operational and compliance standards, driving continuous improvement efforts across the branch.
- Forge connections and channel opportunities within our institution, tapping into resources for investments, mortgage lending, commercial solutions, and cash management.
- Navigate customer challenges with discretion, offering comprehensive solutions, alternative options, and a commitment to resolving issues effectively.
- Champion staff growth and development through performance reviews, targeted coaching, cross-training, and thoughtful hiring and retention strategies.
- Oversee and coordinate various administrative tasks, from overdraft exceptions to audits, embodying precision and attention to detail.
- Embrace continuous learning by actively participating in meetings and training sessions, further enhancing your skill set and effectively circulating crucial updates to your team.
- Uphold the utmost security procedures and ensure customer information always remains safeguarded.
- As a people-oriented visionary, you'll not only lead conversations but also navigate uncharted territories, fostering growth and innovation. Your ability to bring ideas to fruition and your persuasive expertise will define your success as you embark on this exciting journey with Heartland.
THIS MIGHT BE THE RIGHT ROLE FOR YOU IF:
- You Live Our Values. You demonstrate Heartland’s shared values and do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- You Achieve Results. You meet and exceed goals through teamwork. You grow and apply job knowledge and have focused execution.
- You Coach and Lead. You have strong communication. You are focused on performance development and fostering positive relationships and trust.
- You Hustle. You possess a driven work ethic to succeed and respect focused collaboration.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of retail banking experience
- Minimum 2 years of Consumer loan experience including the entire process from accepting the application through loan closing
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Fiserv products
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Climate-controlled office environment; periodic travel between various branches and local businesses.
- the physical demands of the job,
- Vision (up close and distance >2/3 of the time)
- Hearing (in person and via telephone)
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, and Crawl (<1/3 of the time)
- Stand, Sit and Walk (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Speak and Listen to internal and external clients (>2/3 of the time)
- Typing (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Healthcare on Day 1 that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) up to 4% of salary match
- Company-paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Casual dress policy
- Career development opportunities
- On-site fitness center (Corporate Center)
- Tuition reimbursement and training support
- Free checking and savings accounts
- Free financial planning
- Mortgage Rate Discount Program